6.13.2007

New Tricks

Sorry there are no pictures or videos to document this, but hopefully this will at least preserve the memory. Arden is growing up so fast and I just wanted to post an update on her latest tricks:

  • She can say: hot, hi, hello, da-da, mommm, hat, eyes, grmmmpaaa (grandpa), ooooo, wow!, what's dat?, shoe, "ruff!" (dog noise), and "hoo-hoo haa-haa!" (monkey).
  • The other day, I wasn't paying any attention to her and she was trying to get my attention so she grabbed a book, and pointed to the guys hat and said "hat!". I melted, stopped what I was doing, and sat down to read the book with her - have I mentioned manipulation is her specialty.Oh, and another way she gets my attention is to come pull up on my leg and look up at me and say "hiiii!" More melting.
  • Yesterday she crawled up three stairs. Up until now, it never occurred to her to go near them, but now we're screwed. In case you haven't seen our stairs, they're so steep, adults have a hard time going up and down them.
  • She loves loves loves dogs. She sees them and just squeals and points and pants. Don't get any ideas though. Mitch says to me, "with a reaction like that, how can you not get her a dog." My response: "if she had a dog, she wouldn't react like that anymore. I just want to preserve that excitement for her."
  • She also loves: reading books, going for walks, shopping (I think its genetic), paper and letters (again, possibly genetic), rolling and chasing balls, being outside, swimming, and wearing long sleeves. That last one is simply a freak thing. During the winter she somehow became attached to the long sleeve being there when she sucks her thumb; so when she finds one of her long sleeve shirts, she tries to put it, and when I won't, she rubs her bare arms and whines about it. Are you kidding me? When can we start therapy?
So ya, those are some fun things Arden's doing right now. We are still so taken by her charms and hopefully someday we'll get up the nerve to discipline her. And on that note, guess I'll go try to stop her from dumping the trash out and saying, "ooooooo! woww! what's dat?"

-Nicole