So my goal for this week is to remember to be grateful. It's been a rough couple of months for us and I might end up losing my mind thanks to anxiety about sick kids, lack of sleep, claustrophobia from being stuck inside, and the freakin coldest, darkest winter of my life. With all this going on, I feel like alot of it is in my attitude and if I just think for one second how blessed we are, I realize the good things are so much more abundant than the bad. So here are some things I want to remember about the good things happening for us right now:- Mitch and I are best best best friends. He rocks as a husband and we are a stronger, closer couple because of the trials and blessings in our lives.
- Arden is a really good kid. She is definitely my daily happy pill and I can't imagine having to be stuck inside for months with anyone else.
- Susan is at a heavenly stage. While there's alot of hard things about her age (unexplainable crying, anxiety, no sleep, as mentioned above), there's also some of life's most treasured moments during these months. She is preciously delicious to hold and smell. I love the complete trust and vulnerability in her eyes. It's something I wish I could put in a glass box and keep forever.
- I have a warm, safe, comfortable home. Our needs are all met here (without much from the outside world, I've learned).
- American Idol is in full swing. It's ridiculous to be thankful for a TV program, but when you can't leave the house and your days all seem to run together, you'll take whatever you can get as far as something to look forward to.
- Prayer is in abundance in my life. I need it, I love it, it reminds me to think outside my little life and to be thankful.
-Nicole