Before putting the tree up, I carefully considered ways to keep the kids from destroying it: gates, doing a table-top tree, not decorating the bottom half. After pondering it for a bit, I thought to myself, "Keeping the kids away from the tree is NOT what Christmas is about!"
With this carefree spirit in tow, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the girls decorate the tree and turned a blind eye throughout the week to their less-than-gentle handling of my favorite acrylic ornaments.
Turns out it's a really good thing I decided not to care what happened to this tree. I would have been devastated.
After all our careful Christmas shopping, it seems the only gift my kids really want for Christmas is a couch and some cushions. This has been the favorite toy ever since they discovered it, it's so hilarious to watch them wrestle and fall and laugh so hard at eachother.