3.15.2009

Arden turns 3!

***Warning*** Sentimental Gushing Ahead!!!
Three years ago today, Arden Bea graced us with her beautiful presence. I will never forget the emotions of that night: fear, stress, pain, nervousness, excitement, joy; but mostly . . . love. At least that's the best word we have to describe it. It's almost more than that. There isn't really a perfect word for the new emotion I felt towards my little girl that night. But that amazing, unnamed emotion has grown every single day of her life. It used to hurt my feelings when my mom would tell me I could never love her and my dad the way they love me. But now I understand. There are so many different and amazing kind of loves, but the way we love our children is akin to the way our Father in Heaven feels toward us. It's unexplainable, it's deep, it's eternal, and it's unconditional. Whoa, that was deep for the blog. All done now. On to the cutes.

We cheated and celebrated Arden's bday on Wednesday because her Gr. and Gr. Palmer were in town for a few days. It was really special for her to have them here for her special day and she loved all the extra attention and admiration. Thanks so much Mom and Dad for your trek through the pelting snowy-wind of Wyoming - that is real love! Arden's big day started off when she woke up to this:
and this:
After a make-a-face pancake at IHOP (her pick), she got to go to Kangaroo Zoo with her bestest buddies Adam, Lexie, and of course Suzy.
Shelby and Adam
Grandpa and Arden



The BFF's Arden and Lexie



After the "Kangazoo" (as Lexie calls it), we met at our house for the cake and present portion of the festivities.

She loved all the birthday loot - thanks so much everyone! Grandma even took her on an exclusive shopping trip to choose whatever toy she wanted - luxury I tell ya. Oh to be 3 again. (I stink as a photog and didn't snap a single shot of her and my mom??? I'm so mad!)

She was very proud of these new flip-flops too. For some reason she associated them with being older and more mature. You should've seen the face she made when she got them on by herself. These pictures don't even do it justice. Let's just say it was Hills-worthy (that's for you Megan and Jenni).
And for the grand finale . . . birthday pictures in her birthday suit!
We love you so much sweet girl! Thanks for being calm, loving, sensitive, funny, giggly, sweet to your sister, gentle, smart, fun, happy, easy-going, silly, and patient. We love when you say:
  • "Mom, you don't just take toys away from people like that. That's a no-no!"
  • "Oh mom, I speeled my gogurt, gosh, gosh, dang, it!"
  • "Here Suzy, let me help you get your shoe on sweetheart."
  • "No honey, that's not what I said."
Happy Birthday dolly! You are our whole world!