4.08.2011

Since I last wrote . . .

We had our annual Valentine's restaurant and oops, I forgot to take pictures until after everyone was in bed. You'll have to use your imagination about how fun and special it was for the big girls. On the menu for my little sweethearts this year:
Lamb’s Bistro

Appetizer

Crazy About You Corn

Apple Admirer

Love Tele-‘Graham'

Entree

Grilled Love Sandwich

Hearty Steak Bites

Pasta con Fromage

Dessert

Strawberry Sweethearts

In other news, June and Ruby are crawling and have two new bottom teeth! Pivotal news, yes I know. And I'm sure you'll be waiting with bated breath for their first steps so I will try to post a video. They are so stinkin cute. I have another post coming up all about their cuteness. Here is a pic of them with they're besty, Tessa B. in their matching cherry footies. I just love this age - everything they do is purely adorable.

(Ruby left, June right, Tessa front)

As for the older girls, they are growing up too quickly for my liking and taking on the roles of big sis 1 and 2 like champs. They "babysit" for me while I shower and do dishes. And we've only had to call 911 twice this year so you can see they have a real future in child care.
Aside from their mad mothering skills, these two are also learning how to model and perform dramatic impersonations. Oh wait, that's just their highly dramatic and spontaneous daily lives. Haha, but really they're super good kids and very creative with their free time while I have less attention and time to share with them.
These pics are from an overnight date they got to go on with their Daddy. He took them to the Cliff Lodge for a western dinner and hotel stay. He is THE best dad on the planet and they are the happiest when he is around. Me too, for that matter.

We also had the pleasure of hanging with our incredible Auntie/Little-sis-I-never had, Megs. We are always glad when she comes home from school for a visit. And a special shout out to her today for graduating from BYU-I!!! We wish we were there for the pomp & circumstance but instead we have to hunker down in the snow, Mitch-less, and watch Tangled for the umpteenth time. We love you Megs - congratulations!!!!
And lastly, we took an impromptu trip to Vegas for some sun, swimming, and shopping. It was so fun to get away and see Mike and Mandy's family. Mitch also got to attend the BYU games which was really fun for him. And we stopped on the way home to see the St. George Temple. The kids loved the beautiful grounds, it was a great place to stop and stretch since we were driving home on a Sunday. All in all, a great trip!
Until next time, and hopefully not next month . . . ;)