8.12.2007

A long time gone.

As the months go on, Arden's ever-nearing 2nd birthday and the bump on my belly are constant reminders that our days of traveling cheap and fairly uninhibited are numbered. This combined with a once in a lifetime opportunity to hang with my mom and sister (free of school and work for one month for the first time in history, literally) were enough to make me leave my husband for 2 whole weeks! It was a sad time for us to be separated, but we knew we'd better take advantage of these opportunities before its too late (i.e. Jan 7, 2008). So Arden and I headed to the hot and dry, and had so much fun! Here is some documentation from our trip:

Arden is really into books, and whenever we went to dinner (which is pretty much our favorite past time when we visit Thatcher), this is how she patiently waited for her rice and beans (I eat strictly Mexican food when I go home, its my only chance!). Can I have another one just like her? Where do I request that?

She quickly figured out that this bib was not the fashion statement she wanted to make.

Aaahhhh, now that's more like it. And look at the fabulous hair after-effects.

Arden discovered the joy of garden tomatoes from Grandpa's yummy garden. It was pretty much her staple food for the trip.


She's so funny when she knows you're taking her picture. Quite a ham really. Don't know where she gets that?

This is Gavin and Franklin (the turtle). Aunt Jenni found the poor little guy wandering the streets. Don't worry, we realized he couldn't swim after only a few minutes in the kiddie pool.

Grandpa and the kids - Gavin, Arden, Halle, and Carter. This is what it's all about.

We took the kids to the highly acclaimed, delicious and nutritious Chucky Cheese Pizza - blllghhh! But the kids were in heaven, so I guess it was worth it. Here's Arden and Carter on the fire truck.

Arden and "Bampa" (she learned to say it, and this is how).

Gavin on the boat at Val Vista Lakes - thanks Grandma Setlow for hosting!

Arden at the sandy beach pool, she loved it here. I can't wait for next summer's beach trip!