Arden hit the 18 month mark a few weeks ago - which means, of course, a trip to the photo studio. Except this time was different. She was a pill! Crying and freaking out when the lady looked at her or tried to pose her - who is this kid? I would just chalk it up to a bad day except she did the same thing at her 18 month check up last week with the doctor. She hasn't been difficult at home, so I guess we'll have to assume she's revisiting the "stranger danger" phase. At any rate, I am relieved that we got a few good pictures out of her. She's never let me down in that department.
Oh and did I mention she's 18 months going on 18 years. Here are a few cute things she's doing lately.Expressions:
- "Thanks, mom!"
- "Cool!" and "Wow!"
- "Daddy go bye bye?"
- "Where mama go-go?"
- "Arden, whaaarrrryouuu?" (Arden where are you, peekaboo!)
New Words:
- Duck, bow, boat, zoom-zoom (fourwheeler), owwside, cat
- Dancing - lots of TRL-worthy moves, words don't do them justice
- Walking with help (walker, furniture, someone's hand)
- Singing (almost recognizable tunes)
- Going up, but more importantly, coming down stairs
- Climbing on and off furniture
- Gives really cute loud kisses and hugs
- Asks where Mitch or I went when we're away?
- Loves nursery and B.F.F. Zoey time
- Plays make believe with her toys (dolls, bears, Little People animals)
- Smiles huge with only one front tooth (we're beginning to wonder if the other one exists)