"This story is about truth, beauty, freedom; but above all things, this story is about love."
1.20.2014
My Girls
I say this entirely to often . . . . but I genuinely wish I could freeze time with my little lamb-chops. The way they talk and laugh, their relationships with each other, the simplicity of there troubles, the joy in their day to day lives (they'll play for days with a balloon). They are at such fun, sweet ages and it really is a precious time for our family. I am reminded of this regularly by friends, parents, and by my amazing Grandma Stokes. But every so often the universe reminds me of it too. Just before Christmas we came across some home videos of my girls that were absolutely TO DIE FOR! We're talking hilarious, adorable, made me laugh and cry at the same time. The girls were 4, 2, and 6 months (x2). It was dreamy. And has stayed with me for weeks. It's reminded me to stop, get down on their level, and look them in the eye when we talk. To smile and laugh more with them. To sing more. To yell less. To play Go Fish instead of Pinteresting, to snuggle up for Despicable Me and giggle at silly jokes instead of do that last dish or send that ever-important email. I love these reminders. I'm grateful when I get that chance to start fresh and do better.

