9.12.2016

Surprise! Disneyland 2016


April 29, 2016 - The girls came home from school to a treasure hunt that went something like this


 Once upon a time, in a land not far away, four princesses worked so hard

They made good choices, did their chores, did well on report cards

Their mom and dad, the King and Queen decided their reward
Should be something great, that over the years, they had been working toward

So months and months and lots of ideas, the queen and king did plan
To take their princesses to a fabulous kingdom in a magical land

They saved their pennies and told the princesses to be kind and use good sense
The princesses helped around the house and took care of the their little baby prince

Now today is the day, the wonderful day, the princesses will receive their grand prize

A trip away, yes they leave today!!!! Can you guess where they will arrive?



The kids were so excited! Almost as excited as I was! haha! I have pretty fond memories of family vacations to Cally .... exhibit A:
I mean who wouldn't have a blast in those outfits sewn by the one and only Celinda. Thanks mom for taking us to SeaWorld in serious style.

Anywho ...we had the car packed and hopped in and drove to California! I still can't believe we were able to keep that a secret with all the neighbors, teachers, and coaches that knew about it. We started off the drive with a surprise for mommy - Daddy took us to the new Bahama Bucks in Draper - all my dreams came true! I didn't know we had one in Utah, best day ever!



As soon as we got to Anaheim we headed for a walk on the beach....


















 Then headed out the next morning for a day of sand and sun.



Tuesday of that week we did our first official family Disneyland day! It was amazing! It has taken me 10 years to convince Mitch that we needed to go. And even he enjoyed himself.


The girls loved every second of our trip. It really was, to be cliche, magical. 

I can't wait till next time, right hun?!