It was a big day for all of us: the outfit, the special breakfast on the special red plate, the gel in the hair, the father's blessing, the special good luck necklace. I like to think it was as big a deal for her as it was for me, but likely it wasn't considering she really has zero expectations for this day and my expectations are absolutely unreasonable. It has nothing to do with the important stuff (academics, social, etc); I really just wanted to re-create the magical memories of my childhood first-days-of-school. And yes, I know this ridiculous. I am admittedly a nerd, but these are some of my favorite and most humorous reflections. I guess I just hope my kids will feel the same excitement I always felt about this special occasion. How dorky am I right? At least I can admit it.
So anyway, it turned out to be a great day and Arden loves this new addition to her social life. I'm so excited for her! This is hopefully the beginning of a beautiful friendship between her and school (considering there's about two decades worth of it in her presumable future).
Here are her little buddies Lexie and Aubrey - it was so nice for her to see a friendly face amidst the crowd of new kids.
And of course, everyone's favorite activity - snack time. Homemade donut holes - mmmmm!
And here's Miss Patty. She is so good with the kids and has a great classroom setup built onto the back of her house (which is also conveniently located about 3 houses down from us).