9.25.2009

Top of Utah Marathon

Last month, I ran my first marathon. I was thrilled with the outcome: I did not pass out, I had only mild hallucinations, and I did not barf or poo my pants. Don't even laugh - these are legitimate things to pride yourself on after you run for a long, long time. These things happen; but not to me. I crossed the finish line with a smile and and dry underpants. Then I picked up my sticky-faced kids with all the energy of an 84 year old grandma and hugged them. And that's saying something: have you met my Grandma that's 80 something? She's awesome.

My friend Shelby ran this with me - she is the best running partner and friend. I don't think running would be my sport if it weren't for her. Even after months of training and running 100's of hours together, we've never run out of things to talk about.

As always, I owe my family most of the credit for supporting me through the training and even sacrificing their weekend to come stay with me in Logan for the race. There is something so motivating about knowing you'll get to see these faces at the finish line.

I have to thank Bailee for this awesome picture of our family at the finish line. When it comes to artistic ability, some people just have it, ya know? ;)