12.21.2007

Fun with Friends

We had some of our dear friends, the Echols, over for a little holiday get-together. We planned to decorate a gingerbread house, but we were so busy catching up and laughing at the cute kids entertaining eachother, we forgot all about the gingerbread house. And we forgot to take pictures until right before they left.

Here's one of their little girl Kaybri and Arden. They were so funny together - Arden just copied everything Kaybri did.

After everyone went home, I went upstairs to put Arden down and came down to find my cute husband eagerly breaking out the gingerbread house kit.
This wasn't what I had in mind when I purchased the kit, but it turned out to be even better! We sat down together and finished the project - it was so fun and a good moment of calm during all the holiday craziness. Thanks babe!

Tah-dah! Pretty cute for two amateurs with zero cake decorating equipment or know-how.

Don't you just want to take a big bite? Mmmm! I can't wait till Arden wakes up to hear what she has to say about it.